Below as instructions on how to connect via Pidgin, the same information applies to other clients.
- Navigate to the settings tab on Yappy or click here
- Click the "Enable XMPP client integration" checkbox to be given your login/password for the currently selected phone on your account
- Open up Pidgin
- In Pidgin, click accounts -> Manage Accounts
- Click Add
- Set the protocol as XMPP, username as provided, password as provided, domain as 'yappy.im'
- Click on the advanced tab and change the connect server and file transfer proxies to 'yappy.im' and ensure connection security is set to 'require encryption'
- If asked to accept the self-signed certificate from Yappy.im, click Accept
Reply to this message to SMS back or send a new message to [PhoneNumber]@yappy.im to send an SMS